Thursday 20 December 2012

Krista Ranillo: 'Yes, I'm pregnant' - Entertainment

<p>WEDDING bells rang last Sunday, August 8, as actress Krista Ranillo married Island Pacific Supermarket CEO Jefferson (Jeff)</p>

<p>Nio Lim in an intimate ceremony held at the Hotel Maya in Long Beach, California. The couple, who were married in a garden Jewish interfaith ceremony, only invited around 120 close friends and family, successfully avoiding a media circus and opting for a highly private affair. </p>

<p>Ranillo and Lim are childhood sweethearts who reunited when they met again several years later. They have always been private about their relationship, with Ranillo telling BALITA MEDIA in an interview last June only that her boyfriend was a "businessman."</p>

<p>But now that the wedding is over and out in the open, Ranillo is ready to tell her story.</p>

<p>"We met when we were younger, we're more of kababatas," Ranillo tells BALITA MEDIA.</p>

<p>"Our families are good friends. We were able to catch up late last year when I spent a longer time here in the States. He was such a good friend and listener to me. We'd hang out and have dinner, watch movies, nothing romantic really but we were building a friendship."</p>

<p>But of course, what started out as a meaningful friendship became something much more.</p>

<p>"For me, I was just happy being with him - it didn't matter what we did or where we were but being in his very presence made me feel happy already," Ranillo says when asked how she knew Jeff was "the One".</p>

<p>"There were times when I made excuses to my mom so I could come home late (sorry mom!) and spend the whole day with him. I also realized that aside from being a great friend, there were so many qualities in him that I admired. I always tell people that 'nakahanap ako ng katapat ko.' I like that he's smart and very sensible - he provides stability and order in my life and I provide the fun and craziness in his. We really complement each other.</p>

<p>And of course, he's cute so that adds 2,000 pogi points!," Ranillo laughs.</p>

<p>During the ceremony, Ranillo was walked down the aisle by her father, actor Mat Ranillo III, to the traditional tune of Canon D. Her wedding gown was made by David Tupaz, Krista's cousin.</p>

<p>Overall, the wedding last Sunday was a very casual and festive affair, devoid of the formalities that you'd expect in a typical traditional wedding - a reflection of the couple's more modern sensibilities. Perhaps nothing illustrates this more than the couple choosing to wed in a Jewish ceremony, though they are both Catholic. </p>

<p>"We're both Catholic but a couple of days before the wedding, I brought Jeff to the venue and there was a Jewish wedding that was ongoing. We listened to their ceremony and right after we spoke to the Rabbi and scheduled an appointment with him," Ranillo explains.</p>

<p>"We both saw that the Jewish ceremony had meaningful rituals that symbolized the union of husband and wife. We wanted a unique and meaningful ceremony."</p>

<p>In fact, this desire for a "unique" ceremony carried over to the entire wedding, with the couple opting for a much more contemporary celebration than your typical wedding reception.</p>

<p>"We were only planning it [the wedding] for a couple of weeks," Krista shares.</p>

<p>"I wanted the venue to be hip, modern and fun. We wanted a private and intimate wedding so that we could be ourselves."</p>

<p>Guests were treated to such private details as Ranillo's personal wedding playlist, which included romantic tunes like "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain and "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay. Guests enjoyed Mexican and Latin American cuisine prepared by award-winning Executive Chef Jesse Perez of the Hotel Maya, and giveaways included wine bottles emblazoned with "Blame it on the Alcohol" (a reference to Jamie Foxx's hit song of the same title) and candy bars that had M&M's with the couple's picture and names printed on it.</p>

<p>Guests dined outdoors with the Long Beach skyline as their view, and boarded a yacht for the latter part of the evening. They went on a four hour cruise complete with a club-themed setup, dancing to the music of DJ Tommy T (Tom Taus) until the wee hours of the morning. While the dancing took place on the upper deck of the yacht, guests also let loose with videoke on the lower deck. And of course, it was an open bar all night long.</p>

<p>"It was fun!", Ranillo says simply.</p>

<p>"I really enjoyed both our weddings. The first one [a civil ceremony in Norwalk, Connecticut last July 14], it was just the two of us and we ate at a burger place afterwards. It was really intimate. The second wedding was meaningful too because we had our friends and families present."</p>

<p>Although Ranillo is perhaps best known for her role in "Wapakman" opposite boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao, and the subsequent rumors of an affair with the now Sarangani congressman, it would seem that this controversial part of her life is now firmly in the past. In an interview with Philippine Star, Manny himself commented on the wedding, saying, "I wish them well."</p>

<p>"At least wala nang masasabi ang mga tao na kami pa din, na may relasyon kaming dalawa. Pero at least, tapos na 'yon. Hindi na sila magdududa.</p>

<p>Masaya ako para sa kanya. Hindi pa naman kami nag-uusap. Masaya ako kung saan siya masaya</p>

<p>." As for Ranillo, she is firmly looking to the future - she is excited to be married and also eagerly anticipating the arrival of her first child.</p>

<p>Yes, the rumors are true - Ranillo is indeed pregnant.</p>

<p>"I'm in the very early stages of my pregnancy," Ranillo confirms to BALITA MEDIA.</p>

<p>"I just want to clarify that some people are thinking that we got married because I'm expecting. It's not true, we got married July 14 and at that time I was not pregnant yet," Ranillo says.</p>

<p>"I married a good man and I'm looking forward to building a life with him... I'm so excited for things to come."</p>

<p>So what's next for the young couple? Ranillo tells BALITA MEDIA that now that she is based here in the U.S., she is quitting show business.</p>

<p>But she makes it clear that she has no regrets.</p>

<p>"I miss my work but I decided that I wanted something different, a quieter and more peaceful life away from the limelight," Ranillo reflects.</p>

<p>"It was also time for me to settle down. I was at a point of my life where I could say that I was ready." </p>

<p>/
</p>

<br><br><br><br><a href="http://iautoblog.com">iAutoblog</a> the premier <a href="http://iautoblog.com">autoblogger</a> software

No comments:

Post a Comment