Sunday 23 September 2012

How to write a successful song - Other

<p>After my extensive background in the music industry, I became a song writer. Up until that point I was a record store owner, DJ, tracking engineer, mixing engineer, musician, producer with a fancy music school diploma. I wrote songs before that moment, but to tell you the honest truth most of them were so bad that even I had a hard time listening to them. I did to a great verse once, but as much as I tried too I didn't know how it happened. I just couldn't put my finger on what was it that made me so talented that day. What I did hear around me was that to be successful at anything you had to do it daily. This concept has worked for everything else that I was already doing and so I plunged into writing. I wrote for over a year, and it wasn't every day since I did get frustrated a lot but was able to pull of about a verse a week. This was a busy time in my life and I didn't really need to make money from the writing so it was more of a long practice session that came in ver
y useful later.Not long after I met up with a few artists, it was decided for me that they wanted me in the group and not only as a producer, engineer, and composer but also as the leader of the band. This was in the foreign language music scene in case someone starts doing research on whether I'm full of it or not. It did start in the boroughs of New York; if that brings you any closer. The first two songs that we created were based off of two verses that I wrote in the previous year and was holding close to me for just this type off occasion. I also had snippets from other ones that I thought were good enough for me to recycle. Now, since I knew it was serious I set down and was writing constantly. After a couple weeks I was able to do it waiting for the train and memorize the entire sections in my head. This became so helpful during live shows later on, as I have saved our group from major embarrassment time after time. Out of my two albums, I had five top ten songs playi
ng on the radio. Two out of them were in the top five positions for almost a year, and out of these two... my main hit wouldn't budge from the number one spot for almost six months. The toughest part of writing a successful song is getting focused, or getting in the zone as some say it. This usually started for me either after listening to a good beat for a very long time... sometimes even hours, or having a very clear concept. One of the songs that I had a clear concept for was written in about an hour, and I knew it was going to be a hit before I even touched the paper since I had so many songs behind my belt already. Can I write a hit song every time? No. There are many times that I have great focus, but the songs come out mediocre for a number of reasons. Either, I did not have a clear concept, and the song was all over the place. It could have been the production, or I was just lazy on the microphone. Sometimes trying to be very authentic hurts you as well, and although
there has to be a human element in your music it should also keep your listeners attention. After recording some of my songs, I would listen to them over and over and unless I heard something that got me every time things would get sliced and diced until I did. This might be hard to hear, but the only way to write good music is experience, practice and a little bit of talent.
</p>

<br><br><br><br><a href="http://iautoblog.com">iAutoblog</a> the premier <a href="http://iautoblog.com">autoblogger</a> software

No comments:

Post a Comment