Saturday 30 June 2012

Portishead - DUMMY - Reviewed - Entertainment - Music

<p>One of my favorites or all time. DUMMY by Portishead! From 1994. Their songs are sexy and full of emotion. I cherish the cassette tape I still have from 15 years ago or whenever. I lost the case though!!! Darnnit!!!</p>

<p>1. Mysterons</p>

<p>This song is like great for sex. I would not know about the sex part, but i'm sure there are thousands upon thousands of couples of all genders and shapes and sizes and from every single country who have had sex to this song.</p>

<p>2. Sour Times</p>

<p>I think everybody who still respects their inner 16 year old can't help but love this one.</p>

<p>3. Strangers</p>

<p>They say it takes 2 to tango and I just feel like this song would be great in my Zumba class. Not really, but it grooves bro! It's heavy and metallic and like shake it real slow for me baby.</p>

<p>4. It Could be SweetThis song has great vocals like all the songs do. Kind of like jazz, soul singing. That's what made this group famous anyway! Not the wiki wiki sh@@. The wiki wiki sh@@ helps though. Don't see Andy Smith live unless you like "Insane in the Membrane" mixed with other hiphop. At least that is what I remember when I saw him like 8-10 years ago. Who knows what he is mixing now. Some of that dubstep maybe??!!</p>

<p>5. Wandering Stars</p>

<p>This is like a poem. Check these lyrics out. "Wandering Stars/for who it is reserved/the blackness/the darkness/forever"--and that's just the chorus!! Another song for couples to do the dirty bit with.</p>

<p>6. It's A Fire</p>

<p>This is like a church organ meets soul singer. It's muthaf@@@ing bada@@ or just great heartfelt singing. If church felt this good I would go.</p>

<p>7. Numb</p>

<p>More singing that you just can't get enough of. The track wraps itself around your brain like a pet garden snake and some white girl is holding this snake out to you and smiling crazy like in your face and she is not Latoya Jackson. Who is she?</p>

<p>8. Roads</p>

<p>This song might be for sex to. I don't know. More soul for your ipod.</p>

<p>9. Pedastal</p>

<p>A hypnotic groove with mysterious sounds from all that wiki wiki stuff. Apparently the group applied for a grant to make this album. I don't know how you do that, but it sounds like a great idea for broke musicians everywhere! Maybe that is why they are called Portishead because Portishead is a town they came from in England. Andy Smith, the dj guy, made his own records or maybe even dubplates(Dubplate - a fake record that lasts only maybe 100 plays or more. A one off for a potential record. A test record. Made of lactate. Records or "Wax" in general have outstanding sound quality for bass and beats and the like. But apparently trance with that synth stuff don't sound so hot on dubplates. Some guy who made dubplates told me that when I made one once. Before laptops djs put their songs on dubplates so they could play them out at the clubs on record players. Dubplates are cheaper to make than records.) --- but anyway, Andy Smith put original sounds on some records he made so
he could scratch and wiki wiki it without getting sued. Far out huh? That could be urban legend for all I know.</p>

<p>10. Biscuit</p>

<p>In this one she is singing about sensation and being a slave to it. I'm led to believe it takes two to tango to this one. Maybe you can cry to it and find relief to your depression. I imagine I might have done that in the past when I played this song alone in my room.</p>

<p>11. Glory Box</p>

<p>I don't know what this about, honest. In here she is singing about wanting to be a woman. Too bad she has not met the right guy yet, but hey - all this suffering for a significant other has led to one of the greatest albums of all time!</p>

<p>-----</p>

<p>As a side note, I was looking through some music reviews written on iTunes and noticed that someone said there is a bonus track on the CD version. It is not on the cassette though. I looked. </p>

<p>Listen to it here at iTunes!</p>

<p>/3dda3f3</p>

<p>DJ Cola.net and Dirty Filthy Disco Trash.com. All Rights Reserved. Article or blog entry cannot be used, re-published, or anything without the permission from the author.</p>

<p>2011</p>



<br><br><br><br><a href="http://iautoblog.com">iAutoblog</a> the premier <a href="http://iautoblog.com">autoblogger</a> software

No comments:

Post a Comment