Sunday 2 June 2013

Good DJ Equipment Gone Wrong

<p>Generally speaking, the more money an item costs, the better the quality may be. Consider Apple's Macbook for instance. The Macbook is almost twice the price and offers less programs than many PC laptops but have overall better quality, performance, durability, and dependability. This doesn't mean they are flawless. My Macbook froze during a gig, not sure why, but it was an easy fix. I went to my other music system, reloaded my macbook, and I was back in business. Anyway, I always have a few media players as a backup. <br /><br /> PC laptops are cheaper but are more difficult to fix when a problem occurs. My brother's super-powered $500 Acer Laptop crashed before a gig, and then crashed again at some later point. Although it was much cheaper than Apple's product, it gave him multiple issues. Eventually, he sold his Acer and bought a Macbook which has given him no issues at all. The same idea applies to dj equipment.<br /><br /> Buying cheap dj equipment may seem like a goo
d idea to save some money up front, but may eventually cost more in the long run with repairs, replacements, and technical issues. The important point to remember is that even good dj equipment can have issues, just less issues. Dj controllers or media players bought for 50 bucks are going to feel cheap, glitch often, and will not be very effective for learning how to dj well. Name brands like Denon, Pioneer, and Numark are going to cost more money but it's worth the peace of mind knowing that issues are rare and you won't be embarrassed when the music suddenly stops playing during a really good dance set.
<br /> When good dj equipment goes bad, it can be really frustrating. I have had very few glitches with our pro dj equipment but understanding that DJ equipment, even great equipment, glitches too, I always have some type of backup plan. Recently, I had to Dj a big outdoor event and my Denon HD2500 wasn't reading my hard drive which contained 30,000 songs and all my playlists for the party. I knew how to fix it, but a hard reboot would have taken too long. The previous night I loaded the party set lists onto my Macbook and was able to run the whole party off my laptop. It's not as much fun as using me denon and doesn't look cool, but it did the job.<br /><br /> Last week, I Dj'd a wedding with the Pioneer MEP7000. This is a pricey piece of dj equipment but in some of it's "glitchy" moment, it takes 10-20 seconds to load a song. This is not good when your doing introductions for weddings! I had my laptop as a backup. We Dj'd a wedding a few months back and my Macbook using (D
jay software) froze and I couldn't read the playlists on my laptop. I had my Denon HD2500 to back me up there. Another experience we've had is The Numark IDJ2 freezing up during a performance. Even our Serato Scratch glitched once as it did not properly load before a gig. Yes, even good dj equipment goes bad.<br /><br /> Good DJ equipment does go bad, only for a short period of time. Cheap and poorly made Dj equipment never recovers from being bad. Cheap dj equipment is going to bad most of the time. It is important to do research on products and look at consumer reviews. Many times, these reviews will tell you what specifically may go wrong with a piece of dj equipment and you'll know the issue before it happens.<br /><br /> Most importantly, always have a backup plan. If your media player/controller goes bad, good backup equipment to have is an iPod, iPad, Laptop, Back up Hard Drive with all of the music on it with specific playlists, or spare media player/controller. Now
that you know how to prepare for gigs, your next step is to load your digital music crates with great music for your parties.<br /><br /> Next, go get your <a rel="nofollow" onclick="javascript:_gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/outgoing/article_exit_link/2549818']);" href="/">DJ Mixes at </a> and get your FREE Newsletter (while it's still free) with Party Set-Lists, dance mixes, top songs info, equipment prices and reviews, and so much more to ensure maximum success and quality for DJ's at all levels. My name is JJpeterson and my focus is your dj'ing success!<br><br><br><br><a href="http://iautoblog.com">iAutoblog</a> the premier <a href="http://iautoblog.com">autoblogger</a> software

No comments:

Post a Comment